How we make sure all staff support your child and ensure they make good progress
We know that high quality teaching and well-matched support will make a big difference to the progress of children with SEND. Making sure that this happens in all classrooms is one of the most important things that our school leaders do.
We make sure that all Teachers and Teaching Assistants have a clear understanding of the learning needs of the children in their class.
School leaders, including the SENDCo, work closely with teachers and support staff to provide effective teaching and support for children with SEND in a variety of ways.
- carefully differentiated planning which ensures that all children are able to make progress
- supporting the Class Teacher to take full responsibility for the learning and progress of all children
- using a wide variety of teaching approaches, including guiding learning through demonstration; providing visual support material
- providing a stimulating, rich and interactive classroom environment
- using regular, clear and rigorous assessments that help teachers to track pupils’ progress and identify gaps in their understanding
- using our feedback policy to make sure that children know how to improve their work and respond to feedback from their teachers
- providing additional adult support from teaching assistants, where appropriate
- making available specialist equipment and digital technology to support access and participation in learning
We help all children to develop their skills as learners – and to persevere when they find learning difficult.