What we are learning
Please see the termly curriculum overviews below to see what we will be learning each term.
How can you help?
We hope that you can support your child with the learning that they are doing here in school by asking your child to talk about what they have learnt. If your child would like to do further learning this term, here are some suggestions that they may like to explore:
To Infinity and Beyond
- Create a diagram of the Saturn V rocket and annotate with key features
- Make a leaflet to give to someone who would like to know about space/Apollo 11 missions etc.
- Build a replica of the Lunar Rover
- Create a fact file about Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, Katherine Johnson, Mary Jackson, Dorothy Vaughan
- Write a diary entry from the point of view of any of the people involved in an Apollo mission
- Build a replica model of the solar system
- Create 'guess who' cards a bout different planets
- Write a poem to describe the planets
- Carry out an experiment to test gravity, air resistance or friction.
We absolutely love seeing what your child has been up to and will always be happy to share it with the class as well as reward with Dojo points for their hard work and creativity.
Please do not hesitate to message us over Class Dojo or talk to us at the end of the school day if you have any questions about your child's learning.