What we are learning
Please see the termly curriculum overviews below to see what learning we will be up to each term
Termly Curriculum Overviews
How can you help?
We hope that you can support your child with the learning that they are doing here in school by asking your child to talk about what they have learnt. If your child would like to do further learning this term, here are some suggestions that they may like to explore:
Far, Far Away/
- Create a simple map of the route from your house to our school.
- Take photos of your favourite places around Kiddiminster and make a scrap book - write what you love most about those places
- Make a postcard of your favourite place you have visited in the world - can you come and show us where it is on our world map?
- Ask your parents, grandparents or any family members for photos they have from the past. Let's share them to talk about how times may have changed.
- Create your own passport that you would take around the world with you.
- Find out about a very hot country or a very cold country and write a short fact file about it
- Write a list of items you would wear to a very hot/ very cold country
- Design your own superhero costumer
- Put on a costume and be your own superhero - what powers will you have? What will your superhero name be? Share this on a video
- Write a letter to your hero - tell them why they are your hero
- Read books about heroes (Little Readers is full of heroes!)
- Take photos of the heroes in your life - yourself, parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, teacher, celebrities etc.
- Talk to a real-life superhero (nurse, police person, charity worker etc.) and interview them - why do they do what they do?
- Draw, paint or collage your hero
- Write a poem about what makes a hero
Buckets and Spades
- Go in a trip to your nearest beach - take photos of the fun activities you get up to.
- Make a seaside in a jar - you could use things like sand, pebbles, shells and seaweed
- If you visit the beach, write us a postcard to tell us what you have been up to
- Make a model of a Victorian bathing machine
- Talk to older relatives and find out where they used to go on holiday. How is it different from today?
- Design your own swimming costume
- Fid out about different creatures you would find at the seaside
- Ask your family about where they have been on holiday - create a bar graph to show your results
- Design or make your own picnic that you would choose to take to the beach (either in the Victorian times or today)
We absolutely love seeing what your child has been up to and will always be happy to share it with the class as well as reward with Dojo points for their hard work and creativity.
Please do not hesitate to message us over Class Dojo or talk to us at the end of the school day if you have any questions about your child's learning.