- PE will take place on a Friday afternoon so please send your child in their PE kit.
- Please remember that our PE kit includes a plain white top (or with a school logo on), plain black shorts or jogging bottoms, pumps or trainers, and a fleece for colder weather.
- This half term, Forest School will take place every Tuesday afternoon. Please send your child in appropriate clothing (long sleeves and trousers, waterproof layer, and wellies).
- We will set new spellings every Monday, which we encourage the children to practise daily.
- We will set the spellings via the Spelling Shed, where your child will be able to access this using their login details: username: fol and the first three letters of your first name followed by the first three letters of your last name e.g. Sam Smith = folsamsmi. Their password: foley1 (no capital letters).
- Your child will recieve house points for their daily practice.
- Please encourage daily practice of these spellings to ensure your child has the best chance of developing their spelling skills.
- We use Rising Stars levelled reading books across our school. We also have access to Rising Stars Reading Planet Online, which means that your child can access the appropriate book level online.
- To access Reading Planet Online, your child's username will be the first 3 letters of their first name followed by the first 3 letters of their last name. E.g. Sam Smith would be samsmi. Their password will be 'foley'.
- We will listen to your child read regularly to ensure that they are accessing the most appropriate book level and we encourage them to read at home daily to develop their reading skills. We will change their book once we are happy that they have a good understanding of the book they are reading and that they can read their book with reasonable fluency.
- We ask that your child (or yourself) records each time they have read so that we can maintain a clear record of how regularly they read. It is important that they read at home as regularly as possible in order to develop their reading skills successfully.
- It is important that your child practices a times tables daily, in order to successfully know all of their times tables up to 12 x 12.
- Please encourage your child to play on TTRockstars to help them develop accuracy and fluency. We award children with weekly certificates for 'The Most Valuable Players'.
- To login, your child's username will be the first 3 letters of their first name followed by the first 3 letters of their last name. They have individual passwords (usually 3 letters), which you can request from us.
- Lexia is a reading programme aimed to develop your child's reading skills. Your child will have been assessed to identify their reading level and then the programme will tailor itself to your child's individual needs.
- It is advised that your child spends at least 80 minutes per week accessing Lexia in order to have the most successful impact as possible.
- We do provide time in school for your child to access Lexia, although we do also need your support by encouraging your child to go on this at home as often as possible.
- To access Lexia your child's username will be their full first nakme followed by the initial of their last name. E.g. Sam Smith would be sams. Their password will be 'foley1'.
- You may require an email to login - please use email@example.com