What we are learning
Please see the termly curriculum overviews below to see what learning we will be up to each term.
Curriculum Termly Overviews
How can you help?
We hope that you can support your child with the learning that they are doing here in school by asking your child to talk about what they have learnt. If your child would like to do further learning this term, here are some suggestions that they may like to explore:
War - What is it good for?
- Imagine you are an evacuee - write a postcard or letter home explaining what has happened to you.
- Write a newspaper report of the bombing in your area.
- Write instructions or advice during an air raid.
- Write a diary entry as though you are child in WW2 or any war.
- Create a timeline of events that led up to and happened during WW2.
- Create fact file about what school life was like for children during WW2.
- Make a small replica of an air raid shelter, Anderson shelter, Morrison shelter.
- Draw and label a tank/ aeroplane/ submarine that was used during WW2.
- Research rationing and have a go at making food using only the ingredient available during rationing
- Research the Enigma machine and where it was based.
- Write a message using Morse code
- Research WW2 propaganda posters and design your own in that style.
Changemakers - How can we raise awareness of a global issue?
- Design and create your own anti-climate change poster.
- Write a persuasive letter to our local MP to convince them to help our local environment e.g. putting more bins along the canal, displaying signs to encourage no littering
- Research and describe “climate”. Why is it important? What more could the world do to save it?
- Write a poem, using figurative language, about climate change.
- Choose a biome to research and create a fact file or poster about it.
- Paint a scene that you consider to be beautiful i.e. unspoilt countryside
- Write a letter to your future self, outlining the kind of person/achievements you would like to be/accomplish
- Write a non-chronological report about someone who has left a legacy that inspires you (this could be someone you know personally or someone famous)
- Paint a picture of someone who has left a legacy that inspires you (this could be someone you know personally or someone famous)
- Write a poem to describe what legacy means to you
- Make a video/ take pictures of 'your legacy' and what you think people will remember you for at Foley Park.
We absolutely love seeing what your child has been up to and will always be happy to share it with the class as well as reward with Dojo points for their hard work and creativity.
Please do not hesitate to message us over Class Dojo or talk to us at the end of the school day if you have any questions about your child's learning.