What we are learning
Please see the termly curriculum overviews below to see what learning we will be up to each term.
Changemakers - How can we raise awareness of a global issue?
- Design and create your own anti-climate change poster.
- Write a persuasive letter to our local MP to convince them to help our local environment e.g. putting more bins along the canal, displaying signs to encourage no littering
- Research and describe “climate”. Why is it important? What more could the world do to save it?
- Write a poem, using figurative language, about climate change.
- Choose a biome to research and create a fact file or poster about it.
War - What is it good for?
- Imagine you are an evacuee - write a postcard or letter home explaining what has happened to you.
- Write a newspaper report of the bombing in your area.
- Write instructions or advice during an air raid.
- Write a diary entry as though you are child in WW2 or any war.
- Create a timeline of events that led up to and happened during WW2.
- Create fact file about what school life was like for children during WW2.
- Make a small replica of an air raid shelter, Anderson shelter, Morrison shelter.
- Draw and label a tank/ aeroplane/ submarine that was used during WW2.
- Research rationing and have a go at making food using only the ingredient available during rationing
- Research the Enigma machine and where it was based.
- Write a message using Morse code
- Research WW2 propaganda posters and design your own in that style.