What we are learning
Please see the termly curriculum overviews below to see what learning we will be up to each term.
Termly Curriculum Overviews
Catastrophe - How can we raise awareness and support those affected by a natural disaster?
- Make an A-Z list of words to do with natural disasters.
- Make a model of the Earth’s layers
- Make a model of a volcano. Use clay, plaster, papier Mache or any other materials.
- Locate areas that volcanoes occur in the world. Look for what patterns erupting volcanoes make on a map of the world.
- Research the temperatures of different volcanic countries e.g. Hawaii, Iceland, Italy. Present your findings in a table.
- Research a volcano and create a fact file e.g. Mount Etna
- Think about what attracts tourists to volcanic areas. Create a tourist advert or leaflet for a real or fictional volcanic area
- Research some famous facts about volcanoes. Create a 10 questions ‘true or false’ quiz. Try it out on your family or friends.
- Research legends associated with volcanoes and earthquakes. Create a storyboard of the legend.
- Research the clothing volcanologists wear at work. Design and label an outfit for a volcanologist.
A Day At The Museum: How can we run our own pop-up museum?
- Create a fact file about the life in the Stone Ages.
- Write a diary entry from the point of view of someone living during the Stone Age/ Bronze Age/Iron Age.
- Create a replica of a stone age tool (make sure they are safe).
- Make a replica of Stone Henge.
- Make a replica of a Stone Age shelter using natural materials.
- Have fun making a Stone Age painting using natural materials to make colours (berries, leaves, mud).
- Imagine you have travelled back in time to the Bronze Age. Write a letter back to your family to tell them about your experiences.
- Carry out a study of rocks in your garden - what type of rock are they? How do you know? Test their permeability.
- Make up a quiz with facts about the Stone Age (make sure you have the answers!)
- Create a leaflet for ‘How to survive the Stone Age.’ Imagine you are transported back to the Stone Age and need a guide to help you survive. What would the guide say? What tips would it have? Use ICT, if you wish.