- PE is on Thursday mornings..
- Please remember that our PE kit includes a plain white top (or with a school logo on), plain black shorts or jogging bottoms, pumps or trainers, and a fleece for colder weather.
- Mrs Sinden is our Forest School leaders and takes the children to our allotment site each Tuesday afternoon.
- Children should come to school in old clothes that are long sleeved. If it is sunny, please ensure that your child has a sun hat. If it is raining, please ensure that your child has a waterproof coat.
- The children will need to bring wellies for forest school days. Please ensure all wellies are clearly labelled with your child's name.
- We ask for a contribution of 50p per week towards the additional snack we provide for the children. This money is also put towards cooking ingredients for Forest school.
- In reception, the children are given a key words book. The children will be given 5 key words to learn at a time. The children should practice these words at home as much as possible.
- Throughout the week, the teaching staff will read the words with the children and move them onto their next set of key words when they are ready.
- We use Rising Stars levelled reading books across our school.
- We will listen to your child read regularly to ensure that they are accessing the most appropriate book level and we encourage them to read at home daily to develop their reading skills. We will change their book once we are happy that they have a good understanding of the book they are reading and that they can read their book with reasonable fluency.
- We ask that you record each time they have read so that we can maintain a clear record of how regularly they read. It is important that they read at home as regularly as possible in order to develop their reading skills successfully.
Thank you for your support.