What we are learning
Please see the termly curriculum overviews below to see what learning we will be up to each term.
Termly Curriculum Overviews
How can you help?
We hope that you can support your child with the learning that they are doing here in school by asking your child to talk about what they have learnt. If your child would like to do further learning this term, here are some suggestions that they may like to explore:
Me and my Community/ Around the World we go
- Take some photo graphs of different places you visit. Can you find any that are outside of Kidderminster? We would love to compare different places.
- Where is your favourite place to go? Can you draw your own postcard to show what it is like?
- Have a go at finding a book that is set in a different country than England and reading it with your family.
- Taste new fruit over vegetables that are grown in different parts of the world (mango, pineapple, pomegranate) and let us know what you think. Why not take photos to share with us.
Not All Heroes Wear Capes/ Spring into Spring
- Design your own superhero costume
- Dress up as a superhero and take photos of yourself - give yourself a superhero name and power
- Read a book about a hero (Little Leaders books are great!)
- make a video of yourself talking about your hero - who is it? mum? dad? sibling? grandparent? friend? teacher?
- Go on a spring nature walk - collect pictures of objects that show spring - share them with the class
Twisted Traditional Tales/ Adventure Awaits
- Read different traditional tales and try to learn them off by heart - record yourself retelling the tale in your own words
- Create a puppet to go with your tradition tale e.g. 3 Little Pigs
- Make a scene from one of your favourite tales e.g. Little Pigs' houses, Bully Goat's Gruff bridge
- Make your own sweet house inspired by Hansel and Gretal
- Make and try porridge - make sure its just right!
- Go on your own adventure somewhere and show us through photos
We absolutely love seeing what your child has been up to and will always be happy to share it with the class as well as reward with Dojo points for their hard work and creativity.
Please do not hesitate to message us over Class Dojo or talk to us at the end of the school day if you have any questions about your child's learning.